In honor of Earth day, we’d like to let you in on a few tips to help you have a greater impact on our planet, as well as keep your car in tip-top shape! By just making a few minor adjustments in your habits, you can make a difference without having to go out and purchase a “green” vehicle. Happy Earth Month to you all!
- Be conscious of how often you are using your Air Conditioner. We know it’s not always possible in Texas, but during the few months we have before it starts to swelter, try cooling your car by rolling down your windows. Parking in the shade will cut down the amount of cooling you will need to do.
- Keep your car tuned up. By keeping your car up to date with routine maintenance, changing the oil, and changing out air filters-you will use less gas, cause less pollution, and save yourself a ton of money by preventing problems down the line.
- Carpool or take public transportation. We don’t want you to leave your favorite car at home, but even car-pooling once a week can make a difference in the long run.
- Don’t ignore the Check Engine Light. A poorly running engine will cause more pollution than a healthy one. Many times the Check Engine Light can mean that there is something wrong with your exhaust system. It’s time to go in for a check up!
- Avoid excessive speeding and accelerations. Both speeding and accelerating quickly will quickly drain you of gas. You can also turn off your engine when you’re not actually driving.